• Dell Storage SCv2000 Series offer new entry-class arrays based on Dell Storage Center with best performance and protection in its class
Dell today announced its new storage offering designed to help businesses and organizations cost-effectively adapt and scale their datacenters to keep pace with ever-increasing IT demands. Dell’s future-ready approach to IT solutions development continues to address both current and new methods for managing the massive growth of data.
“Dell continues to redefine the economics of enterprise storage, offering customers of all sizes world class storage solutions that remove complexity, lower cost and deliver impressive long-term value,” said Christopher Papa, country manager, Dell Philippines. “The new Dell Storage SCv2000 Series brings the proven performance and protection of our Dell SC Series arrays to an entry-level offering with best-in-class value at a very disruptive price. Overall, our new solutions offer customers innovative technologies to efficiently improve and simplify storage management with both current and new IT approaches.”
New Dell SC Series Arrays Unveiled to Bring High Performance and Protection to Entry-Level Storage
With the introduction of the Dell Storage SCv2000 Series, Dell offers customers entry-level storage arrays with the same common management and several of the core features as higher-end Dell SC Series arrays. The new SCv2000 Series offers the best performance and protection in its class1 with integrated data protection to support specialized projects, database and test environments, or simple storage consolidation. Extending Dell Storage Center software to entry-level arrays allows customers to standardize on a common platform, helping them save time, management costs and operational overhead.
The customer-inspired Dell Storage SCv2000 Series exemplifies the Dell Storage strategy to expand customer access to higher-end storage capabilities. Starting at approximately USD 10,000 per array, the new series launches with three models supported by three expansion options and offers customers:
• High performance at an affordable price - The arrays deliver best-in-class performance in a single, affordable 2U enclosure.2 Feature-rich options include proven data protection features, RAID tiering to optimize capacity, thin provisioning, flash support, data-migration services, and multi-protocol connectivity. Customers can help safeguard their data with granular data protection that allows up to 2,000 snapshots and 500 replications.
• Integrated data protection-The arrays offer integrated features such as Remote Instant Replay, Local Instant Replays and Replay Manager along with RAID tiering t that optimizes SAN capacity. Tight integration with common application environments, such as Microsoft and VMware, help to simplify virtualized data centers, allowing local and remote data protection features to take consistent snapshots of virtual machines without sacrificing performance.
• Future flexibility with Storage Center – Customers can gain more value from existing investments with data migration to higher-tier Dell Storage SC4000 and SC8000 Series arrays. The SCv2000 Series supports today’s needs and future growth as the arrays can be managed with the same, single user interface as other SC Series arrays. Customers can scale capacity when needed with the benefit of no capacity licensing and choose from a broad range of hard drives and SSDs, configured for a variety of applications.
• The Dell Storage SCv2000 Series arrays are available today.
“The Dell Storage SCv2000 array perfectly balances our performance and capacity requirements with our cost restraints to support our log data, and it’s also part of the broader Dell Storage SC Series portfolio with additional offerings to meet our other storage needs,” said Benjamin O’Connor, Storage System Engineer, TripAdvisor. “Being able to leverage a single storage family and the same management interface across our entire storage environment is a huge benefit.”
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
1 Based on February 2015 competitive review and Dell performance testing the SCv2000 FC array. Actual performance will vary on the workload and drive type.
2 Based on February 2015 competitive review and Dell performance testing the SCv2000 FC array with 24 write intensive SSDs using IOmeter with 8KB random reads. Actual performance will vary on the workload and drive type.